Starting a Cleaning Business Checklist.
Checklist for Starting a Cleaning Business
Target A Cleaning Service Industry:
- House Cleaning Services.
- Commercial Cleaning Services.
- Janitorial Services (move out/post construction cleanup, etc)
- Carpet Cleaning Services.
- Window Cleaning Services.
As you know, cleaning has several niches and you might think that there is not much difference.
But you could be right, the cleaning is usually similar. Maybe even similar products but there is a factor that few people can see.
They are different clients that require different attention.
You might be very good at cleaning but a residential cleaning client has different needs than a commercial cleaning, so it is advisable to specialize in a niche and since you have mastered you can move on to another. Never both at the same time or you will get frustrated.
Your Cleaning Company Name:
Have you decided on the niche and type of customers? Next step!
How will your cleaning company name be?
Register Your Cleaning Business Checklist.
- City permit.
- Register the company either “sole proprietorship” or as “LLC”
- Obtain an EIN number from the IRS.
- Set up a business bank account.
Licenses and Insurances Cleaning Checklist.
- General Liability Insurance.
- Worker Compensation Insurance. (if you hire employees)
- Accounting Solutions. (Quickbooks)
- Bond Insurance.
- Janitor Services Registration (California)
Equipment For Cleaning Business Checklist.
- Car. (with enough space for cleaning supplies.)
- Scheduling Software. (housecall pro)
- Laptop or PC. (to manage appointments easily.)
- Smart Phone. (to manage appointments and calls on the way)
- A phone number dedicated to the business.
Advertising For Cleaning Business Checklist.
Register your business in directories such as:
- Google My Business
- Yelp For Business
List of 200+ citations to register your business
Index your website in search engines such as:
- Basic experience. (1 year recommended)
- You must learn to give estimates. (use our cleaning calculator for residential cleaning)
- Commercial Bids (your can use https://www.thejanitorialstore.com/)
Cleaning Supplies Checklist.
Also you will need to buy essential cleaning supplies, these may be the basic things like:
- Glass Cleaner (can be Windex)
- Vacuum Cleaner.
- Microfiber Mop. (optional if you are just starting)
- Regular Mop.
- Toilet Bowl Brush.
- Bags for Dirty Rags.
- Bags to Carry Clean Rags.
- Neutral Floor Cleaner. (bona)
- Disinfectant Cleaner.
- Cleaning Bucket.
- Mini Grout Brush.
You can buy the complete kit at https://www.thecleanteam.com/ so you can start with the cleaning business, will cost you a total of $ 244 to $299 plus the price of a vacuum.