What is the difference between deep cleaning and regular cleaning?
Do you know the difference between regular cleaning and deep cleaning?
Well Regular cleaning is what most people do on a regular basis e.g weekly and deep cleaning is more every 6 months to a year.
Regular cleaning often covers things like:
- hoovering and mopping the floors
- cleaning bathrooms – sink, mirror, bath and toilet
- Tidying up
- cleaning the kitchen – wiping down work surfaces, cupboard doors, hob etc
Deep cleaning is very different and is often a requirement before a tenant moves in or move out. Deep cleaning is different from regular or spring cleaning because it reaches the deep grime and dirt in your home.
It covers areas which aren’t traditionally covered by a regular or spring clean here some examples:
- Scale removal from all bathroom tiles, kitchen tiles, taps, shower heads etc
- Full and deep dusting including all the all the corners of rooms for cobwebs
- Washing all blinds
- Inside and outside of all windows
- Inside of window frames and patio doors
- Inside the oven including the oven door glass
- Under the sink
- Behind kitchen appliances like the washing machine and oven, cutting through the grime that builds up
Most regular cleaning is done for 2-3 hours a week. A deep clean of a two bedroom house can take a cleaning team of 3 up to 12 hours (average condition).