How Much Does Move Out Cleaning Cost?
As a cleaning company we are covered for this type of work many times, in seasons as in July to August we work so much in “move out cleanings” we suppose that we are in santa barbara and here is a very touristy place.
But we will not deviate from the subject, you have a doubt and we believe that we have the experience to solve it.
First of all you have to know that each company works differently, some charge for the whole cleaning project, “Flat Price” and others prefer to go hourly.
What is the difference?
They vary in how much per hour they charge, but in reality the price does not change much.
Example: If a company charges approximately 35 per hour, they will see how much time would be spent doing the bathroom, kitchen and rooms, take out those hours and multiply it by $ 35 and this is how they will give you an “exact price” but in You will actually go out at 35 per hour.
That is what I mean, the difference between hours and “flat price” is not much, so I advise you to ask the cleaning companies what their average hourly rate is.
But to give you an average of how much a “move out cleaning” can cost you, here is an example below:
- Home: 1 Bedroom – 1 Bathroom the cost can be between $150 & $180 this depending on how dirty it is.
- Home: 2 Bedroom – 2 Bathroom the cost can be between $200 & $280 this depending on how dirty it is.
- Home: 3 Bedroom – 3 Bathroom the cost can be between $250 & $350 this depending on how dirty it is.
- Home: 4 Bedroom – 4 Bathroom the cost can be between $300 & $450 this depending on how dirty it is.
- Home: 5 Bedroom – 5 Bathroom the cost can be between $400 & $550 this depending on how dirty it is.
Keep in mind that these services mentioned below are counted as extras:
- Inside Fridge.
- Inside Cabinets.
- Inside Oven.
- Windows Cleaning.
These extras maybe you want to add only if you want to return your deposit to the maximum, here we explain better that you require for your landlord to return your deposit: move out cleaning checklist for tenant.
However, if you need additional services like:
- Carpet Cleaning – Anywhere between $75 and $200 for a whole house; otherwise, $.25-.50 per sq. ft. is a good rule of thumb.
- Furniture – Expect at least $50 and at most $100 to de-stain and de-stench a couch.
- Windows – About $5 per window, $3 per screen. If they’re wall-size windows, or difficult to reach, expect prices to rise.
- Polishing/Waxing – Floor waxing prices generally range from $.25-.50 per sq. ft. Sometimes companies have minimums for certain sized homes, making their prices less economical.
So, if your place, say a decently-sized apartment, is messed up, then you can expect to pay anywhere from $200 to $350.
Here is a video that explains a little about a move out cleaning cost:
Advantages of Cleaning Services For A Move Out Cleaning
Maybe you think about doing the cleaning after moving yourself and it’s fine as long as it does not require a deep cleaning, because believe me that type of cleaning is usually very heavy and considering that you have to move all the furniture, talk to the gas , water, electricity, internet to cancel services and among other things that must be done when moving so that you have to clean up for your landlord to return your deposit or at least not charge more, if you have enough energy no problem go and do it but to make your life easier, we advise that cleaning professionals from your locality take charge.
On the other hand also your landlord will clean your place old place or hire a professional. Then he or she will take the price of the cleaning out of your rental deposit.
The price for your landlord to clean your place will be higher than for you. Why? Because your landlord has no incentive to find cheap cleaning service — you’re the one paying the bill.
Nevertheless, it might be worth foregoing cleaning altogether. For example:
- Deposit: $1000
- Cleaning Service: $400
- Cost to you: $50 extra
But what about your landlord? Now, if your landlord has to pay $450 to clean the place, he can go after you for the extra $100 that your deposit doesn’t cover. However, he probably wouldn’t because it would cost him more in the end to file a lawsuit. He’d probably just pocket the deposit and call it a day. Now, if the cleaning service cost $900…
If you really want your money back contact the best house cleaning in goleta ( if you are near)